Procedure for Grant of Mining Concessions:
- Applications on prescribed Performa along with;
- Prescribed fee
- Proof of financial capabilities (Bank statement of last 6 months not less than Rs. 1 million
- NTN Certificate
- 10 Copies of Topographic map of the area
- In case of firm/company, certificate of registration, partnership deed, Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Exploration Permits are granted upto 1 year, while Mining Permits and Mining leases may be granted up to 5 and up to 30 years respectively.
- After submission of Exploration Report by the mineral title holders, Exploration Permits maybe converted into mining permits or mining leases.
- Exploration Licenses / Mining Permits / Mining leases are granted with the approval of Mines Committee (MFC) headed by Secretary Industries, Commerce and Mineral Resources.
- NOC’s from Forest, Revenue, Environment and Wildlife & Fisheries Departments.
Azad Jammu & Kashmir Mines Committee:
|1||Secretary Industries, Mineral Resources||Chairman|
|2||Chief Conservator Forests||Member|
|4||Director Minerals Resources||Member / Secretary
|5||Additional Secretary Finance||Member|
|6||Director Wildlife & Fisheries||Member|
|7||President Chamber of Commerce & Industries AJK||Member|
Present Mineral Concession (Major Minerals):
|Mineral||Private Sector||Public Sector|
|Exploration Permit||Mining Permit||Mining Lease||Exploration Permit||Mining Permit||Mining Lease||Total|
|Aggregate Material (Pozzolana Ash)||1||1|